Truffles are so astonishingly easy and versatile. I love this recipe for Espresso & Vanilla Truffles, but I have so many more combinations I’m drying to try like pumpkin pie, pistachio & honey, goat cheese & cherry, and nutella & sea salt. What truffle combinations would you like to try?
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 shots of espresso (if you don’t have an espresso machine just go to Starbucks and order a double shot of espresso — aka a doppio)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
1. Over a double boiler, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Using low heat, melt the chocolate chips and stir constantly until the chips and heavy cream form smooth, silky melted chocolate.
2. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat. Add espresso shots and vanilla extract.
3. Cover the chocolate mixture and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
4. Remove from the refrigerator, and use a small spoon to scoop out truffles. Each truffle should be about 1 tablespoon. Roll into 1/2 inch balls.
5. Place each truffle in the cocoa powder and roll around.
6. Store in an airtight container or place on a serving try.