Sriracha is the new black. It’s the current “it” condiment and originated in Thailand. While I was living there, I loving doused things in it; it’s a bit addicting. Sriracha is actually a hot sauce that is a combination of chili peppers, vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt. This recipe for Spicy Sriracha Deviled Eggs uses the condiment to spice up traditional deviled eggs.
- 12 eggs
- 6-8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons sriracha
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 roasted red peppers (diced)
- 1 green onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt + pepper to taste
1. Hard boil eggs then cool, peel, and half them. Carefully separate the yolk and egg white.
2. Combine egg yolks, mayonnaise, sriracha, olive oil, and dijon mustard in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pipe or spoon mixture into reserved egg white halves.
3. Top deviled eggs with diced red peppers, green onion, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.