Pears are the perfect late-summer early-fall snack. This recipe for Cardamom Pear Popsicles is a great hybrid treat celebrating the popsicles of summer and pears of fall. Cardamom’s spicy-sweet taste is a great compliment to pear. Buying cardamom pods and grinding yourself will result in a fresher, stronger flavor, but pre-ground might just be more realistic, huh?
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 soft pears (pureed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger (ground)
1. Peel soft pears. Cut into 1 inch pieces, and microwave on low heat for 1 minute.
2. In a small pot, combine all ingredients and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
3. Transfer all ingredients into a food process or blender and beat until smooth.
4. Pour into molds and freeze for 2-3 hours.