A perfect fall drink, this pumpkin pie smoothie is a feast for the eyes as well as the stomach. Sip this smoothie for breakfast, lunch, or a healthy snack, and if you don’t have the time to steam the squash, you can substitute pumpkin pie filling.
- 1 steamed butternut squash
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup crushed ice
1. Peel butternut squash. Cut in half and scoop away the seeds and membranes. Cut into 1 inch pieces. If you’re new to using butternut squash, check out Cooking Light’s “How To Peel And Cut Butternut Squash” tutorial.
2. Steam the butternut squash in the microwave. Put cut pieces of squash into a microwave safe bowl. Add in 2 tablespoons of water and cover. Microwave for 5 minutes. Pieces will be fork tender when ready.
3. In a blender combine butternut squash, milk, honey, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and crushed ice. Give it a whiz and enjoy!