Turkey chili is one of the easiest meals you can make. This recipe has only 2 steps! Using ground turkey instead of beef or pork and adding lots of veggies makes it leaner and more nutritious.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1 1/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 packet of chili or taco seasoning
- 1 large white or red onion (chopped)
- 8 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 – 16 oz can of corn (drained and rinsed)
- 2 – 16 oz cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 – 16 oz can of diced tomatoes and green chili
- 1 – 32 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups of water + 4 tsps. of bouillon or 2 16 oz. cans of beef broth
1. Spray with pan with non-stick cooking spray. Using medium heat, add ground turkey and onion to the pan. Cook until the onions are translucent and the ground turkey is evenly browned. Once you can see that the turkey has been cooked through, add the packet of chili seasoning.
2. In a large pot, combine corn (drained and rinsed), black beans (drained and rinsed), tomatoes, and celery.
3. With the pot uncovered, bring the chili to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 20 – 30 minutes.
4. Dish into bowls and sprinkle with cheese if you like!