The title of this recipe pretty much says it all: Avocado On Toast With Cumin and Sea Salt. Although relatively basic in preparation, this recipe is loaded with flavor and texture. Because the ingredients are so limited, invest in good ones. Also, try adding roasted tomatoes on top for even more depth.
- 1 avocado (pitted and peeled)
- 1/4 red or white onion (diced)
- 3 slices of toast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 small tomatoes (optional)
1. Toast bread to crispy, crunch perfection. I like whole grain or multi-grain for this.
2. Dice a 1/4 an onion. Pit, peel, and lightly mash avocado. Together.
3. Top toast with avocado-onion mixture. Sprinkle with cumin, sea salt, and lemon juice.
For an extra boost add roasted tomatoes on top.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange tomatoes on a baking sheet cut side up. Drizzle tomatoes with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes. Place on top of avocado toast.