This personal pizza is nearly too good to be true. Goat cheese, pears, spinach, and prosciutto… mmm mmm mmm. What an epic combination! Together they hit all your taste-bud needs: sweet, salty, creamy, and umami.
I try to limit my carbohydrate intake so the crust for this pizza is a paleo-pancake, which is made from 1 egg, 1 banana, and 1 tablespoon of dry egg whites. Find the super simple recipe here. Because the banana provides some sweetness, I think this crust works best as the base for a slightly sweet topping. If you don’t feel like using the paleo crust, any pre-made flat bread will do.
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 pear (cored and thinly sliced)
- 2/3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 – 2 ounces prosciutto (thinly sliced and chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
1. Start with your paleo crust.
2. Sprinkle the half of the goat cheese on the pizza crust.
3. Toss the remaining ingredients together in a large mixing bowl to make a salad like mixture. Place on top of the crust.
4. Bake on 350 degree heat for 10-12 minutes.
1. Drizzle with honey and balsamic vinegar and eat! Nom nom nom.