I can get a little obsessive. Currently, I am obsessed with Paleo Pancakes, which are not, in fact, pancakes at all. I’ve been eating this “pancake” for breakfast for about 2 months straight. It’s easy and nutritious and my fakes my brain into thinking I’ve had loads of delicious carbs! Pretty tricky, huh?
Here is how to make it.
- 1 egg
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of dehydrated egg whites (optional)
1. Combine the ingredients in a bowl. If your banana is a little green, zap it (solo) in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
2. Mash everything together. The dehydrated egg white provides additional protein and body but is by no means necessary. If you’re going to add fruit, add it after you’ve finished mashing. You could also add in peanut or almond butter, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, shredded coconut, or cinnamon.
3. Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray. Cook on medium to low heat. I use a 4 on a 1-10 scale. The pancake will begin to bubble on the top when it is ready to be flipped.
4. Serve. I’ve added some blueberries on the side but you could put them in the pancake if you like.