Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. It has a special flexibility and ease, and I love the opportunity to share food and try new recipes. This recipe for Sweet Potato and Cranberry Muffins is perfect to use up any leftover sweet potatoes, cranberries, or nuts you may have. Use this recipe to make 24 vitamin packed muffins. Spread a bit of orange-fig jam on top for extra yum.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 small sweet potato (mashed)
- 5 oz. vanilla greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cranberries (diced)
- 12 whole pecans
- cinnamon sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. In a separate mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients: mashed sweet potato, milk, greek yogurt, and an egg.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until combined.
5. Fold in the cranberries.
6. Grease a 1 dozen muffin tin. Fill each cup approximately half full with the sweet potato-cranberry batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and top with a pecan.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Check the muffins are done by inserting a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are done.